Repeat To Do's

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:09 am
Hi John and all at Seedcode,

I would like to implement 2 new changes to my database and wondered if you could help.

1. I would like to be able to repeat the to do's like you can with the appointments, (Go to repetition tab and be able to repeat on a daily/weekly/monthly).

2. I have an employees section and would like to enter their work days into the system and then going further have it reflected in the schedule screen, so if employee 1 starts work at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 I would like a red line or some sort of indication so that employee couldn't be booked in error before or after their work hours. - is this possible??

I also have an error where I can't seem to show any times earlier than 10:00 am on the schedule screen, even though I do change it on the settings layout - please help its driving me crazy.....

Many many thanks in advance, your solution has been invaluable to me,

regards,

Roy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:23 pm
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the post...

I would like to implement 2 new changes to my database and wondered if you could help.

1. I would like to be able to repeat the to do's like you can with the appointments, (Go to repetition tab and be able to repeat on a daily/weekly/monthly).

Well I guess I wouldn't be much of a consultant if I didn't suggest that perhaps you should consider entering any item that repeats as an appointment instead of a to-do, perhaps using the appointment "type" filter to keep them straight. Certainly keeps the system simpler.

If you do have to get To-Dos to repeat, you can use the same layouts we have for specifying the repetition options, but take one of two approaches to the big "create repetitions" script. You can either duplicate the "create repetitions" script and repoint all the appointment fields at their counterparts in Todos, or branch each reference to an appointment field in the "create repetitions" script to use either an appointment or todo field depending on the context. I'd probably go with duplictaing the script since you'll be able to delete a line or two since todos don't have end dates.

Note that you'll have to create a field or two in ToDos (like ApptKeyRepeatIDX) and create a relationship like that from AppointmentsDaily to AppointmentsDailyRepeating.

For what its worth, any time we see parallel structure like the kind you'll be creating, we have to ask if the data should more properly belong in one table (ie, should you be creating these items in appointments instead of todos).

2. I have an employees section and would like to enter their work days into the system and then going further have it reflected in the schedule screen, so if employee 1 starts work at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 I would like a red line or some sort of indication so that employee couldn't be booked in error before or after their work hours. - is this possible??

I don't know about a red line but we have a couple methods of showing available work time. Check out this example.

I also have an error where I can't seem to show any times earlier than 10:00 am on the schedule screen, even though I do change it on the settings layout - please help its driving me crazy.....

Weird... did you click "apply" on the settings screen after making your changes? Can you email me a screen shot of the scheduling screen and the settings screen? (john at seedcode.com)

Hope that helps!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)