John...what is happening?

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:36 pm
John
I am making great strides with my lesson planning application with CC Calendar at its heart. I have a problem that I just cannot sort out, I hope you can help.

Having edited the Daily Appointments table to represent lessons, the lessons now show up in the calendr as my timetable. OK so far.

I then edited the "Edit Appointments Mini Window" to display a detailed lesson when an appointment is clicked on the calendar. The layout is much bigger than the mini window so I have edited the script to maximise the "ex mini window" when it opens. OK so far.

I have then placed a button on the "Edit Apointments Mini Window" that takes me to a "detention" layout on a new window so that I can give a kid in the class for the lesson a detention. OK so far and it all works to perfecton except for the size of the "Edit Apointments Mini Window".

If I maximise the "detention" window all works well and when i close the detention window the "Edit Apointment Mini Window" stays maximised.

However I want the "detention " window/layout to be about 400x400. When I do this, as soon as the "detention" window opens, the "Edit Appointment Mini Window" reverts to the size of the original mini window and when I close the "detention" window I have to maximise it using the window controls.

Can you explain to me why this is happening and how I can avoid it. I can see that you have saved some window parameters for use in the scripts, but i am unable to work out how it all works.

As always, your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes

Brian
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:47 pm
If I'm following this correctly the advise is to never use "maximize" and specify a precise window size instead or zoom to fit. Replace maximize with one of these and let me know how it goes.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:50 pm
John

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Replaced all instanes of "maximise" with "resize to it" and this does seem to have resolved the problem, although I haven't tested every scenario. I am 99% confident however as most scenarios checked out.

Thanks again for your help.

Have you come to this conclusion about "maximise" from experience or is there some documentation.

Thanks, regards and best wishes.

Brian
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:57 pm
The experience of my peers; like all things really useful. Though FWIW, I believe this is only an issue on Windows.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)