Attachments from SuperContainer

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:30 pm
All my client's potential attachments are stored in SuperContainer. I am trying to retool the add attachment script to let me specify a URL in the $result variable to specify the path the plugin uses to get the attachment file into fmSpark. I can't seem to make it work and I'm wondering if the Email_ImportFile function can handle a URL. However, it could just be me being dense! (a) is it possible and (b) any suggestions?
Hedrich Michaelsen
Austin TX
512-458-2099
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 am
I believe I have something that works using a combination of the SuperContainer plug-in to download the file to the user's Temporary Folder, cleaning up the resulting local path in $result so that the Mailit plug-in external functions can find it and then going from there.

I had hoped for something a little more direct, but at least for now this will keep us moving forward.
Hedrich Michaelsen
Austin TX
512-458-2099
Proof Group
Proof Group
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:32 pm
I think ultimately your approach is the most straight forward. It'd be interesting to find out if Jesse's plugin can talk directly to supercontainer...that'd be radical
Ernest Koe
The Proof Group LLC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:51 pm
Hmm. Good point, Ernest. I just took a look at the documentation for the 360works Email plug-in and it indicates it DOES accept a URL for the attachment path.

Set Variable [ $result =
EmailRegister( "mylicensekey", "My Company" ) and
EmailConnectSMTP( "mail.example.com" ) and
EmailQuickSend(
Email::from ; // required "from" address
Email::to ; // comma-separated list of addresses
Email::subject ; // subject of the message
Email::body ; // message body
Email::attach // path or URL or container to attach
)
]

But I don't want to re-write any more of fmSpark than I absolutely need to, so I'll stick with my workaround for now. Thanks for the reply!
Hedrich Michaelsen
Austin TX
512-458-2099

Return to fmSpark