2 Features that would help greatly

Integrating and modifying Proof's amazing mini-calendar.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 am
So far so good with NinjaCal, but it really needs 2 more features to be perfect for us:

1 - Add a 6 or 8 month view to show most of year, or at least beyond a quarter. Our clients run on the scholastic calendar which starts August 1 and runs through June. They usually want to see more than 3 months at a time, and 12 is unwieldy.

2 - The ability to set a first month in the multi-month views. I think this works in 3 month view, but not 12 month view. See #1 above for why I'd like the 12 month view to go from August-July, as opposed to Jan-Dec.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 pm
Thanks for this feedback. Are you saying you want an estimate to have us build these customizations modifications for you? Let me know...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:47 am
First I guess I'm asking if I can do this myself with what we've already purchased?

Best for us would be a 6 month view where we can set start date (just like 3 month view).

2nd best for us would be a 12 month view that can break across years, going from Aug to Jul.

Customization to conform to the scholastic calendar is something we might be interested in, but when I purchased the ninjacal package I thought this might be possible.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 am
Hi,

The repeating calc fields in the triple view ( NinjaCal_triple ) are the ones that can be stepped up and down a month at a time, so extending those calendars by adding the repetitions up to 12 months would be the easiest way to get there. These also step across years, so would work for your 12 month view as well. Basically you'll want to copy a month, then update each square's repetition number accordingly. You'll also need to adjust the repetition referenced in the script parameter for the button part of the object. Fortunately, the conditional formatting is smart enough to not need to be updated. Not that tough, although a bit repetitive.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm
Yes t
JasonYoung wrote:Hi,

The repeating calc fields in the triple view ( NinjaCal_triple ) are the ones that can be stepped up and down a month at a time, so extending those calendars by adding the repetitions up to 12 months would be the easiest way to get there. These also step across years, so would work for your 12 month view as well. Basically you'll want to copy a month, then update each square's repetition number accordingly. You'll also need to adjust the repetition referenced in the script parameter for the button part of the object. Fortunately, the conditional formatting is smart enough to not need to be updated. Not that tough, although a bit repetitive.

hth,
Jason

Yes perfect. I should be able to work on that in a few weeks and this feature might make our v2. Your tip will allow me to make a 6 month view and a 12 month view that spans multiple calendar years, with the same starting point code (the 3 month view), correct?

Our product is currently run by districts that use scholastic years (August-July) but we are working on a version that will configure for normal calendar years, so our ninja cals will need to handle both.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:18 pm
Sounds good. Let us know if you need anything else from us.

Return to NinjaCal