list in CCCalendar_IWP_Module.fp7

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:18 am
I have a layout in CCCalendar that is a list of appointments with fields such as "ApptDateStart", "ApptType", "ApptKeyTypeCalc" etc. I would like to make the same list in CCCalendar_IWP_Module.fp7, but none of those files appear there. How do you go about establishing the list ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 am
In the IWP module, enter layout mode and navigate to the "Mini Window Edit Appointment" layout.

That is a form view layout based on AppointmentsDaily and should have all the fields on it you're looking for. Duplicate that layout and reformat the newly duped version to be the basis for list view.

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:04 am
Hi

Well that's the first step accomplished. Now my problem is that in CCCalendar I have a list displaying all the data from the AppointmentsDaily table. As CCCalendar_IWP_Module.fp7 is structured differently I assumed I would be able to establish the same list in CCCalendar_IWP_Module.fp7 by using a portal of the AppointmentsDaily table, however I am still stuck with just one record of data and not a list. How can I go about having the same list as in CCCalendar?

And besides that, just a word of thanks for your fantastic support. Well done.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:40 am
Sorry, I don't think I'm following the problem... If you're seeing just one record it could be that the layout is still set to view-as-form in the views section of Layout Setup. It could also be that you have just a found set of one record- or are viewing just one record from a found set. (That last bit is a complication unique to IWP where the IWP engine returns "chuncks" of the found set, not the whole thing, so one can see a list of 3 records, for example, though these are just the last 3 of a found set of 50.)

dysong3 wrote:And besides that, just a word of thanks for your fantastic support. Well done.

Shucks. ;-)
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 am
John Sindelar wrote:Sorry, I don't think I'm following the problem...

Perhaps I should formulate my question differently. How do I make a layout in CCCalendar_IWP_Module.fp where I can have a list of all the data in all the fields in the CCCalAppts table in CCCalendar ? Is that any cleaer ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:45 am
That is what I thought you were after. You'd do this following my first suggestion: to duplicate the "Mini Window Edit Appointment" layout and use that as the basis for your list view.

I guess that isn't working for you, but I'm not clear as to why. Can you send some more information or email a copy of both files to john at seedcode.com
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)