2 Date Questions

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:38 am
1) Is there any way from the month layout to move with arrows, like you already can, but go from year to year. Like if i'm showing April 2009, I need an arrow to go to April 2008. I'm sure it's a simple thing like the arrows to go from month to month, but I can not figure it out.

2) I have a tally of all of my appointments under my month layout now and also have a sepereate field that shows how many appointments there were in the same month but a year earlier, so that i can compare growth.
But what I can't figure out how to do is say right now, it's May 1st....so my appts for this month only shows 2 for today, but 35 for May 2008. I would like to make the last year same month field dynamic and go along with the day of the month i'm on right now.
I.e. I have 2 appts today in my month appts field and i want my same month last year field to show how many jobs were on May 1st.
And say on Monday, i have 3 appts for a total of 5 appts showing in my month appts feild, i want my same date last year field to show how many appts there were up until the 4th also.

I hope this makes sense. It makes sense in my head.
Thanks so much for the help!
Robin
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:15 am
mgxdigital wrote:1) Is there any way from the month layout to move with arrows, like you already can, but go from year to year. Like if i'm showing April 2009, I need an arrow to go to April 2008. I'm sure it's a simple thing like the arrows to go from month to month, but I can not figure it out.

Newer versions of the calendar have a year tab where you can see buttons that do this. If your version doesn't have a year tab, just modify the script that is currently being called so that it sets the focus field (probably CalFilterDateGlob, depending on your version) to:

Date ( Month ( CalendarDaily::CalFilterDateGlob ) ; Day ( CalendarDaily::CalFilterDateGlob ) ; Year ( CalendarDaily::CalFilterDateGlob ) + Value )

Where "Value" is 1 for mobing forward and -1 for moving backward.

mgxdigital wrote:2) I have a tally of all of my appointments under my month layout now and also have a sepereate field that shows how many appointments there were in the same month but a year earlier, so that i can compare growth.
But what I can't figure out how to do is say right now, it's May 1st....so my appts for this month only shows 2 for today, but 35 for May 2008. I would like to make the last year same month field dynamic and go along with the day of the month i'm on right now.
I.e. I have 2 appts today in my month appts field and i want my same month last year field to show how many jobs were on May 1st.
And say on Monday, i have 3 appts for a total of 5 appts showing in my month appts feild, i want my same date last year field to show how many appts there were up until the 4th also.!

All you have to do is change the date calcs that you're using for last year's relationship so that they either refer to just the day in question, or refer to the month-to-date instead of the whole month.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 pm
I guess that I do have an older version because i don't see switching between years anywhere.
I typed exactly what you said into the same script that switches between months on my month layout and it's not working.

Isn't think where i'm suppose to put that?
Robin
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:36 pm
mgxdigital wrote:I typed exactly what you said into the same script that switches between months on my month layout and it's not working.

Try hard coding a one or negative one in place of "value". If that doesn't work, email me the file (or a PDF of the script you're working on) and I'll see if I can help. (john at seedcode.com)
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)