Change window titles

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:50 am
Hi

I would like to change some of the window titles to the terminology used by us. Eg. "Select Contact/Company" to "Select Customer". However it looks like that script names are partly used in window titles. And that some scripts rely on these titles.

So for me to change them, is there any advice out there that can be given to me - before I go and stuff things up!

Thanks - Brent
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:42 am
Hi Brent. Thanks for the cool posts.

While we're looking at the window name in some of the scripts involving mini windows, we're doing this just so we can manage the closing of these mini windows. (We're comparing the window name to the file name, for example.)

We're not testing the window name to see is we're looking at a contact or a project, for example. So you can feel free to change the window names as you see fit.

I'd just make a couple suggestions. I wouldn't change the solution's main window name away from the file name, and I'd leave the word "Print" in the window names of some of the printing layouts.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:09 pm
Thanks for the tips. It has all worked fine, simpler than I'd imagined. Found out that Window Titles can be buried in scripts on statements such as Go To Related Record (Show in New Window, click Specify button).

A key though is to remember to update the arguments to scripts as well whenever certain mini window scripts are called.

Thanks - Brent
Thanks - Softpac
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:28 am
See that filename equivocates to main window title for both SeedCodeCalendar and SeedCodeCalendarIWP.

What are items to watch for when modifying to a customized filename?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:50 am
You just have to change the file references in both the IWP Module and the Calendar if you change their file names. The caution I mentioned above was about naming the main window something other than the file name-- we test for that in a few places so I wouldn't recommend creating a window name for the main solution window that was different from the file name. Changing the file name is not a problem.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar