Rota

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:22 am
Hi John,

I was wondering how you would approach adding a rota to the scheduling system, I have been using the application and its works great, only now we would like it to add rota type features:

Vicky never works Mondays, so on the schedule screen if its a monday doesn't display Vicky.

Sharon is off sick, or on Holiday etc...

Lunchtimes

Many thanks

Please help.

Roy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:12 am
We generally create appointments for these things. For example, you might create an appointment type called "Unavailable" and then create an appointment for Vicky, marked "Unavailable" (perhaps this is colored gray) which repeats every Monday for the calendar year. This is how we do lunches, holidays, company shut downs, etc.

Trying to change the pop-up list of possible users (for example) based on this kind of thing gets very tricky since you can edit any aspect of an appointment, changing the date of a Vicky entry to a Monday, for example.

I'd argue that scripting the "continue" process to recognize that Vicky doesn't work on Mondays is more difficult- and less flexible, than using the built in conflict flags to trap for the fact that there is this "Unavailable" appointment for Vicky at the same time.

You might check this link for more info on extending the built in conflict flags.

(Thanks for the cool question!)

John
Last edited by John Sindelar on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:42 am
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, i understand your approach - The problem I have is when a client books an appointment, I have it linked to a line items file because they are having a treatment etc.. and then maybe buy a product/s and it is all linked as a pos system. If they are booking a treatment the end time is calculated via a script attached to the continue button - so I will have look for a workaround for that particular problem.

I like the idea of making bookings based on work hours, lunch etc, and the repeating functionality is great and very easy to use.

I will have a play - thanks John,

Best regards,

Roy

Return to SeedCode Calendar