Upgrading to FM9 - will this be a problem?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:15 am
Hi,
I have just received FM9, we are currently using FM8.5 with no problems. Before I attempt any upgrades, I thought I would ask the question if anyone has done this yet and more importantly, can SeedCode Calendar run on FM9?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Paul Fox
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:13 am
Hi there. Running SeedCode Calendar Pro in 9 won't be a problem, though it is always good to ask. Some of our free versions used to test for FM8 in the opening scripts (instead of testing for 8 or higher but that is easily fixed (or you can download fresh copies) and isn't the case in the Pro calendar.

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:27 am
John,

It looks like Calendar checks for version 8 or higher but won't allow version 9. When I upgraded to version 9, the opening script kicks me out. I can't download a newer version of Calendar because we have changed things dramatically. How do I correct the scripting to allow for version 9?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:23 am
Some of the older calendars do that; very sorry.

Easy to change, though.

Open the file in 8 or 8.5 and edit the "Upon Opening" script. You'll see the version check at the beginning of the script, the first IF statement of which is...

PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "8...

Change that to...

GetAsNumber ( Substitute ( RightWords ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; 1 ) ; "." ;"" ) ) < 850

That is a bit more complicated than necessary, but it understands international versions of FileMaker, for what that's worth.

Hope that helps!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar