What to do with the admin tab

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:27 am
Hi all,

I am beginning to enjoy working and modifying CC Complete. I was wondering, what do folks normally do with the admin tab if the solution is meant for a packaged resale. and what about the seedcode name on most of the layouts?

I hope I am not being too forward there.
Regards :?
Salman Maidan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:01 am
Hi,

I think some of the settings under the Admin tab probably make sense to remain exposed even in a packaged solution. Others, like the interface tab or our routine for editing help content, may be removed or hidden as you see fit. Note that you can use the Tabs & Navigation section of the Admin tab to rename or delete tabs. Deleting them in this way deletes them from the interface: it does not delete the underlying layouts, so you can keep these items "behind the scenes" for developers.

The SeedCode logo can also be replaced system wide using the container field exposed on the Admin / Interface tab, and the system name ("SeedCode Complete") is editable on the same screen.

Hope that helps.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:25 am
Thanks, perfect.
Salman Maidan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:58 pm
John,

Reading the last post led me to think that I could change the footer info on all layouts by changing the "SeedCode Complete" words in the Admin>Interface Tab. However, that doesn't seem to work. Do I need to go in each layout and enter my own information? Or is there a system wide way to change the references to SeedCode?

Thanks,
Thomas
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:55 am
Hi Thomas,

Some things can be changed system wide: if you look at a layout in layout mode you'll see some things (like our logo) are actually fields. Changing the data in these fields on the Interface tab of the Admin section changes them system wide.

Other things are either unique to each layout (like the legend at the bottom of the daily view) or a placed "on" the layout instead of in fields (like the layout's blue background color). These things need to be changed on each layout.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar