Remove Projects?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 am
Hi John:
We don't use Projects in our modified version of Complete, and just for aesthetics sake, would like to remove that 'module'. Is it possible (e.g. by removing the table, the TO's, and any mention of 'projects' elsewhere) to do so, or will that gum things up?
Yours,
Jim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:54 am
Well it will "break" things until you remove *all* references to projects. But it is something you can certainly do, and some of the "breakage" won't be visible to your users... but you'll still want to fix it.

For example, the AppointmentTitle calc shown on the Scheduling view makes reference to projects if you delete the project table, this field will have a couple <field missing> instances in its definition, but it will still work. You'll want to eventually remove those broken instances as you won't be able to save an edited copy of the calc until you do.

It can be hard to track down all instances where something like "projects" are used without third party tools. The following will help you find not only instances of "projects", but <field missing>s as well:

http://fmnexus.com/inspector/

http://www.goya.com.au/baseelements

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 pm
John,

Couldn't Jim arrange all the Tabs so Projects wasn't included as a possibility and that would "remove" Projects, from sight at least? I understand that the guts would still be there but it wouldn't be an interface item to be looking at and it's pretty easy to remove Tabs in the Admin section.

I did something similar with the Gantt Chart stuff that I don't have time to learn how to use.

Thanks,
Thomas

Return to SeedCode Calendar