WEIRD 1/4" graphic....?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 pm
MacPro with OSX 10.5 w/ 8 gb RAM 2x 1T drives

I am running the SC free Calendar. When I goto Daily and Select Make an Appointment.... If I click the Green "+" sign in the upper left corner instead of Continue ... a small graphic is produced on the desktop and the program freezes. No keyboard access... nothing.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:47 pm
Hi there.

Interesting bug; I don't think I've had anyone click that green button while the window was in its original state.

By clicking that you're re-reducing the window to its original size (the size we set it to in our scripts before expanding it). I'd suggest not clicking the green button unless you've enlarged the window and wish to snap it back to the size it opened on.

If you do get into this "small graphic" situation again, all you have to do is press enter on your keyboard and it will disappear. If you really want to prevent this moving forward edit the script "Edit Appointment..." and check out all the Go To Related Record steps within it. Some of these open a new window, and those set the height and width of the new window to zero. Simply switch these to something larger and the "small graphic" will henceforth appear at the dimensions you specify and will continue to look like a window (which is what it is).

You sacrifice a little cleanliness (and pickup some screen flash) by making these changes, but if you think people will find that green button too tempting it may make sense for you.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 pm
John,
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I changed all the "GOTO RELATED RECORDS" windows to 150 x 200 (just to see that it worked) and yet pressing the green "+" still produces the weird little graphic????

Also, it may be notworthy, even with Debug running, pressing the "+" sometimes exits the Appointment window but STILL leaves the weird little graphic on my desktop. No amount of pressing by any key on the keyboard seems to get rid of it??

BTW, when this happens, FM Pro 10 Advanced TOTALLY FREEZES and I must use FORCE QUIT to exit.... UGLY...

Got any more ideas? :?: :?:

Thanks

Ron
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:59 pm
Don't click the green arrow?

Just kidding.

So I don't think you've changed ALL the Go To Related Records in the edit appointment script as when I do that, clicking the green button gives me a window of the size I specify in the GTRR. (Note that you have to manege the new window command when creating a record as well if you want this to behave on newly created windows.)

I also can't reproduce the force quit problem: in all cases, pressing enter (not return) dismisses the window.

If you can't get there from here, send me an email (john at seedcode.com) and we'll set up a screen sharing session so I can watch this happen on your end and take care if it.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 pm
John Sindelar wrote:Don't click the green arrow? javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Just kidding.

So I don't think you've changed ALL the Go To Related Records in the edit appointment script as when I do that, clicking the green button gives me a window of the size I specify in the GTRR. (Note that you have to manege the new window command when creating a record as well if you want this to behave on newly created windows.)

>>I did change all the GOTO Related Record fields but it didn't do anything until I changed/added New Window in NEW MINI WINDOW and specified a height of 530 and a width of 395.

I also can't reproduce the force quit problem: in all cases, pressing enter (not return) dismisses the window.

>> Ah. I don't have an ENTER key. Just Return (Logitech keyboard)

>>> Are you on a Mac? If not that may be a weirdness in OSX.

If you can't get there from here, send me an email (john at seedcode.com) and we'll set up a screen sharing session so I can watch this happen on your end and take care if it.

>>>>If it will help make your product better, I would be pleased to do a Screen Sharing Session. Just tell me when. OK?

Thanks a lot for your efforts in this. You put me on the right track.

Regards,

Ron

Best,

John
:lol:

Return to SeedCode Calendar