Weekly repeat anomaly

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:50 am
I'm trying to schedule a repeating event on Sundays. When I click continue, nothing happens - it shows the first one, does nothing else, and won't let me do anything except delete that first one. If I tell it to repeat on Mondays, it works fine. If I make the initial appointment on Saturday and repeat on Sundays, it also does not work. Daily repeats seem to work starting on any day. It's just the weekly Sunday stuff that doesn't. Is the program just telling me I need to be keeping the Sabbath? 8)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:41 am
lol. We had friends that used to keep a "tech sabbath"-- one day a week they wouldn't buy or sell anything. Tougher than you'd think and I always thought that was pretty cool.

But, I haven't built it into our calendar. ;-)

Are you sure you're setting the Stop After or Stop On values so that you'd get more than 1 repetition? Because I can't reproduce the problem you're having. Can you let me know what version of the calendar you're using (you'll find this in white text at the bottom of the Admin or Settings tab).

Thanks.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 am
Hi - don;t know if this will answer your problem, but I had a similar issue that annoyed me for a good couple of hours before I realised my mistake.

I had created a single event on (let's say) the 1st of November, and wanted to repeat that for the next 4 days (5 events in total)

No matter what I tried, it would appear to be working, but only end up with a single event on the 1st.

I eventually realised that I'd entered (for some reason, still don;t remember doing it!) the 1st Nov as the start date and also the end date, therefore, the repeat events were after the end date and didn't 'take' when they were created.

Removing the end date (which wasn't needed as the end time was pre-midnight) solved my issue.

Not sure if that is the same issue, but might help...

cheers, Matt
event-staff quality crew, stewards & security for your next event

Return to SeedCode Calendar