Projects NOT visible in company - ONLY in contact

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Hi John!
We have just imported all companies, contacts, adresses, phones & numbers - and all current projects!

I also had prepared the original data with the kprime of company and contact, so that the projects are now linked to the right contacts.

But: some companies have >20 contacts and the projects are all linked to the contact and not to the companys main record!

We would prefer to have all projects of the several contacts of a company also in the overview of the main record.

The relationship now used involves the contactID_kprime and not the companyID_kprime.

I think it would end in a mass, if we would just change this. Am I right?

What would you recommend in this case?

Best regards from Germany,

Gregory
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:26 pm
Congrats on the import!

You're right about the relationship... you have two options here.

a) To show the projects under the company record and NOT the contact record, switch the relationships ContactProject and ContactProjectSimple to use ProjectCompanyID_kf on the right hand side instead of ProjectContactID_kf

b) To show the projects under the company record AND under the contact record, switch the relationships ContactProject and ContactProjectSimple to use z_ProjectCompanyAndContact_kCalc on the right hand side instead of ProjectContactID_kf

Hope that helps!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:41 am
Great!

This works fine...

Thanks!

Return to SeedCode Calendar