Multiple resources for appointments

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 am
Hi

Another tip. You may need multiple resources assigned to an appointment. As the off-the-shelf solution stands, it only allows you to select one resource, via the drop down list on the Edit Appointment mini window.

In my case, resources are rooms, equipment, tools etc. So I removed the resource field off the More tab, renamed the Blank tab to Resources, added a new checkbox field (pointing to the same field as before) on this tab called Resources. Hey presto! Instant selectable multi resources for appointements. No other programming needed.

Don't forget to update the Mini Window Show Repetitions also.

- Brent
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 pm
Hi - I'm using SeedCode Complete and also need to assign multiple resources to an appointment. This solution sounds like exactly what I need, but I'm having trouble selecting the checkboxes.

On the Edit Appointment mini window, I removed the resource field from the More tab and added a blank tab which I labeled Resources. On this tab I added a check box field and assigned the same values as the deleted resource field:
- Display values from = Resources
- Display data from = Current Table("CalDailyAppointments")
- highlighted the ApptResource_kf field

Problem: The box looks great, all the Resources values are there, but nothing happens when I click on the check boxes. It doesn't matter how I get to the Edit Appointment mini window:
- Clicking on a time in the Schedule tab: the resource whose column I clicked in has his checkbox checked, but I cannot uncheck it or check any others.
- Clicking the "new appointment" button on the Calendar Appointments tab: No resources are checked and none can be checked.

I've tried using Bring Forward and Bring to Front on the Arrange menu. The field is not locked. Same on the Mini Window Show Repetitions layout.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:09 pm
Sounds like the field is set to deny entry in browse mode. Select the field in layout mode and then go to the Format menu and select Field/Control / Behavior.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:19 pm
:D Perfect!! Thanks John!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm
I'm having similar issues but the field control enabling doesn't solve the problem. Certain fields (such as resources) simply won't let me change them from a list or schedule screen without opening the edit window and using the "more" tab.

Chris
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:01 am
Hi Chris,

You'll be able to edit the resource field on the day view and the list view by bringing the field CalDailyAppointments::ApptResource_kf to the front and using Field/Control / Behavior to make sure it is available in Browse mode.

On the schedule screen this kind of in-place editing just isn't an option unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar