OK to delete projects and gantt tables?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:55 am
Hello John:

I don't use the projects or Gantt features in SeedCode Calendar, and have modified my layouts accordingly, removing tabs and other links to them. Can I now go ahead and delete the relevant tables and relationships? Or are they somehow necessary for the other parts of Calendar to function?

Yours,
Jim Recht
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:33 am
You can certainly delete these tables, you just want to make sure you're not leaving a lot of broken references once you do. There are some not-so-obvious references to these tables throughout the system. Most of these aren't even an issue if they are broken, but you don't want to find a <field missing> 6 months from now and wonder if it was part of the projects component you ripped out or if it is a fresh error.

So, I'd recommend you run the solution through something like Inspector or BaseElements to make sure that the fields and tables you're deleting really are unused.

(Both these analysis tools are kind of expensive but they are invaluable: and a membership in FMPug will bring discounts on both products.)

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:47 am
As usual - a super-prompt and helpful reply. Thanks again John!

Return to SeedCode Calendar