Basic Week View only for scheduled appointments?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 am
Hi John!

We've choosen zo use the basic week view, because of the lack of speed in the fancy view...

Now we have the problem, that every appointments ist listed here. In the fancy view only the appointsments with added beginn-time were listed.

How to do the same in the basic view?

Best regrds from germany!
Gregory
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:29 am
Hi Gregory,

You'd add a new criteria to the 7 relationships used in the basic week view. These are CalMonthAppointments1 through CalMonthAppointmentsWeekBasicAll. Create a new field in Appointments that returns a 1 if ApptTimeStart is not empty and the match this with _c_CommonOne in CalendarMonth.

Note that the basic week view shares relationships with the Month view, so any appointments you exclude from the basic week in this manner are excluded from the month also.

Hope that helps!

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:50 pm
John Sindelar wrote:Note that the basic week view shares relationships with the Month view, so any appointments you exclude from the basic week in this manner are excluded from the month also.

Hi John!

Exactly what we don't want! In a few words:
we would like to see such things like 'vacation' only in the month view, not in the basic week view. I'm not sure, if only the criteria 'start time' will cover this. Maybe we should add some kind of switches in the 'edit appointment' window to cover it, like 'show in: []day []week []month []gantt'...

To decrease the count of clicks we would somehow use a preset for this switches, e.g. [x]day [x]week []month []gantt.

By going deeper, i would add this preset to the 'appointment type' as reference. This would match our workflow the best, i think.

What is your suggestion?

Gregory
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:03 am
Thanks for the clarification here. I see two broad approaches:

1) You could duplicate the Month section of the graph and use the newly duplicated elements for the basic week view thus giving this a separate criteria for showing appointments than the month view. This would also mean creating new branches in the Edit Appointment and New Appointment scripts to reflect the fact that you'll be creating a new "context" for viewing appointments. Not an insignificant amount of work. But with separate relationships for the month and week you could use the switches you suggested or your appointment types to decide which items showed on which view.

2) If you could use the existing filters (by user, by appointment type, etc.) to restrict the basic week view to the correct contents (ie. show only certain types on the basic week view) then you could edit the scripts to pre-filter the week view each time you arrive. You'd also restore the original filters when leaving the week view. I'd do all this in the "Adjust Window { Status Area }" script, testing for being on the basic week view and then storing the current filters in a global variable before adding your week-specific restrictions.

Option 2 is considerably less invasive but I don't know if it will do what you require.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar