Changing to Data Separation Model

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:28 am
hello John,

I'm doing some major surgery on my solution to change into a full data separation. So after this change, I will have a SCC file with all your logic and layouts and a data file with just the data.

Are you aware of any relationships that must remain in the ERD of the data file to prevent any broken calculations?

I am using your previous SCC version fully integrated into LabScores as I showed you at DevCon, too much work to implement your latest version.

thanks in advance,
Peter
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:51 am
Hi Peter,

Sounds like a good project. In the date file you'll need to keep as much of the graph as is used for lookups, auto enter calcs, and validation (if you added any).

In the context of Appointments this means you'll need an unrelated instance of Filter, Appointments, and one of Interface. You'll also need CalDailyAppointments and a few of the table occurrences that surround it:

CalDailyApptContacts
CalDailyApptContactsCompany
CalendarDaily
CalDailySettings
CalDailyApptConflicts

You'll also need some from the Gantt portion of the chart, including:

AppointmentsGantt
ApptGanttSettings
CalendarGantt
CalendarGanttDependency

Finally, since we calculate some of the Appointment's display to include contact and project information you'll need:

CalDailyApptContacts
CalDailyApptProjects

The same kind of thing applies to the other data tables. I basically look through the field definitions and see which table occurrences are being used in calcs and auto enters, making sure to keep those.

Hope that helps; very cool to see your file at DevCon!
Last edited by John Sindelar on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 pm
John,
thank you for the extensive answer, this should see me through the entire operation.

Return to SeedCode Calendar