Adding New Appointment in SeedCode vs CC Calendar

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 pm
Hi John,

I was using the CC Calendar in our company. We upgraded to SeedCode because we needed the project. I noticed that now when I add a new appointment, the moment I entered a date in the Start Date field, it takes a few seconds for the processing before it move to the next field. We can see the spinning color ball. I am using my own add new appointment layout. In CC , it is almost instantaneous. This has caused some problem to our users who login remotely via internet. Please help . Thank you
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 am
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

What you're seeing is that the SeedCode calendars have a lot more going on at the appointment level than the CC Calendar did. This means that each appointment record has more indexed fields and that those take longer to commit to the server-- especially when logged in over the internet.

I'm not sure what your add appointment layout might be adding to this, but I doubt it is getting in the way.

I can suggest a few things to help.

First, you've purchased SeedCode Calendar, and our latest version, SeedCode Complete is a bit faster. You might download the demo of complete, put that on your server, and see if it is any faster for your remote users. Most of the speed differences between the two appear when there are large numbers of appointments (>30k) but you may see some speed improvements right off. If this helps, you can upgrade to Complete for the difference.

Second, you can delete the fields you don't need from the appointments table. Some of these deletions will affect the relationships. If, for example, you delete the Class fields or Project fields -- neither of which existed in CC Calendar -- you'll need to delete references to those fields from the calendar relationships as well.

We can certainly help with this if you're not confident in making these changes yourself.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar