Horizontal view (schedule) time problems.

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:45 pm
I am using the original Calendar Pro and using the schedule - horizontal view.
1. Select chart range to start at 10pm - date = 16jan
2. select scale 30mins ( scale doesn't seem to matter)
3. Click on square to make appointment at 2am
4. Create Appointment Window asks me if I want to make an appointment starting 1/16 at 14:00pm
Problems: Wrong day - should be jan17
Wrong time - should be 2am
5. Click continue to window "edit Appointment"
6. Windows displays time / end time correctly ( 2am and 5am) but still shows appointment for Jan 16. This is still technically wrong - should be Jan 17 but if I change to date to Jan17 it actually shows up on Jan 18.
7. Is the date in the Appointment window message hard coded to mm/dd format - everything else seems to the system format ( dd/mm)
Am I misinterpreting how this works or is there a problem?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm
Hi,

The horiz view only understands one day at a time, but I may be able to write up some instructions for changing that. For now, I believe that you'd want the horizontal view to start at 1am on the 17th if you were making an appt for that early.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm
That solves the problem, but actually is an unworkable solution for us. Our business operates mainly from 9pm-9am so we would like that period always available to us to view, rather than continually changing start periods.

I also note that the layout for horizontal appears to display a date for each time period, but only the start / end date appear.

PS Have applied the patch noted in you "Tip: Changing the Date Format of Tool Tips" but hasn't solved problem no 7.

Many thanks for your previous quick reply.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm
OK. I'll put something together that makes a scale spanning mighnight feasible. Will take a couple days as we're leaving for vacation tomorrow. I can also send some instr. about no.7 above (we write that message in a script, which is why you couldn't find it).
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:16 pm
Thanks- enjoy your break.
No urgency for this, but I appreciate the hard work you do. Just by reading the posts you make, all are made with care and attention to detail. You deserve a break.

Return to SeedCode Calendar