Text Color in Tabs

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:38 am
Hi Jim -

I would like to have the Tab of the Table that is active(z_TabNames) highlight to a different color. If I could have this happen in the Contacts, Projects, Invoices... Tabs, that would be great (I may have them out of order, I've also renamed them), and if this could also happen in the Lower Tabs, even better. I'm using FileMaker 9.03 Mac
Thanks!

Greg
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 am
Hi Greg,

This is surprisingly hard to do in the tab scheme we're using. The current "color" difference between active and dim tabs is done by having a semi-transparent tab graphic cover the dim tabs. You may be able to get the effect you want by changing this graphic (from the interface table) in Photoshop.

(And there is no built-in way to change the font color of the selected FileMaker native tabs).

So the best answer may be to keep the dynamic tab engine through your research and deployment phase, but once the name, order, and number of tabs has settled down, perhaps you'll want to swap out some of this fancy stuff for simpler graphics whose appearance you can more easily control.

Wish I had better news.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar