Mailings with Attachment

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 am
I am trying to use the mailings function and attach a document to the mail. I have run a couple of test mailings to myself to make sure that it works prior to sending it out and the attachment never gets attached to the document. Am I doing something wrong with this? I shows on the template screen and I selected the document so that it shows up on the template but when I send the mailing it does not attach. What am I doing wrong.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:46 pm
Hi Chris,

Your attachment should work with plain text or html emails. There isn't much you could be doing wrong except changing the "Store only a reference" setting. That should be checked.

If this still isn't working maybe we can schedule a screen share to see what's going on? Email me at john at seedcode.com

Best,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:47 am
Chris and I did a little screen share and it turns out the attachment routine does't like files located on remote drives. We coded up a quick work around since Chris is on an all Mac network, replacing the third SetField in the script "Mailing Attachment ( Action )" with this:

Code: Select all
SeedCode_TrimReturn ( RightValues ( Mailing::z_MailingAttachmentTempGlob ; 1 ))

Or you could drag the attachments to your local machine before attaching them to the mailing.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar