Related Tasks A/B

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:37 pm
Hello,

I just purchased the Full version and I must say this is perhaps the best calendar solution I have come across to date, I liked it so much infact that I purchased it and as :oops: as it is to say, I usually just opt for the "freebie's"

I probably have a very stupid question, however I am going to ask it anyway. How do you add a related task without physically opening the Related A or Related B files? I would have thought there was a button/script that would allow you to create these records from the Daily View like the New+ button does. Am I just missing something?

Thanks in Advance!!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:59 am
I just purchased the Full version and I must say this is perhaps the best calendar solution I have come across to date, I liked it so much infact that I purchased it and as as it is to say, I usually just opt for the "freebie's"

Shucks. Thanks for saying so.

Your question about related items makes a lot of sense; we don't have any record-creation routines built for these files. We intended Related Items A and B to stand in as placeholders for databases you might already have (Invoice due dates, employee vacations, etc.) You could then swap out these placeholder files for your own databases.

Accordingly, we presumed you'd already have record creation routines in these existing file and that if you wanted to create record in these right from the calendar, you'd create the scripts needed to do that.

BTW, a step-by-step guide to swapping out these Related Items files is available in this post.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)