Calendar Utility Question

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:10 pm
I have created a related global field from my customer database on the calendar utility. My customer last names show in the portal depending on the letter typed in to my Last Name TA Field. I want to automatically insert other data (adresses etc.) into the Calendar utility and ultimatly the schedule, based on the last name I select from the portal. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Based on a conversation we had I believe I need to do this with a script in calendar utility (Send data to appt & Get data from appt). I am not sure how to do this.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
-Greg
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:09 am
Hi Greg. One nice way to do this is to show "related" customer information in the Utility, and the calc that information into the Appointments file.

The Utility. Lets say you wish to include the customer's phone number. I assume you've added a global field to the utility to hold the customer's ID number. (This global would be set with the customer's ID when you click on the customer's row in your "select customer" portal.)

You'd now create a new relationships from the Utility to the customer's file based on this global customer ID in Utility. You can then place the selected customer's phone number on the utility; even allowing users to edit it if they want. This approach will let you display all sorts of customer information in the utility without adding a lot of code to the file.

Appointents. If you want to display the customer's phone number in the appointments file, you'd create a relationship in appointments from the Customer ID in that file to the Customer ID in the customer's file. Then, create a new calculation field in Appointments and make it equal to the related customer's phone number; this will let you show the customer's phone number in an appointment's row on the daily view of the calendar, for instance.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)