Served Relation Problem

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:15 am
I have just downloaded the free version for evaluation as a solution for coordinating workgroup events (i.e. meetings, days off, etc.). Am serving the network files off a FMP55 server, workstations are running OSX 10.3.7. I was able to relink all but one of the relations and value lists once I moved the main files to the server. The one item I could not relink is the value list "Appt Types" as there is a missing field value in this.

That was not a show stopper, however. The show stopper is the fact that the Calendar Utility cannot find the CCCalendar.fp5 file, despite my having placed it in the user Documents folder. I have tried it across several of our workstations with the same result. Any ideas? Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:55 am
I'm a bit out of practice with this as it is no longer as issue in the FM7 calendar (that calendar is all served, with no local component), but I believe you want to try the following two things.

1. Open CalendarUtility from the server and manually repoint the relationship to CCCalendar using the define relationships menu. Close the system, then reopen it and try to create a new appointment. You should *not* be asked where the calendar is.

2. If you are asked, try moving the calendar to beside the FileMaker Pro application on your local machine. Close the system, then reopen it and try to create a new appointment. You should *not* be asked where the calendar is.

If these two tricks fail, you can modify the calendar so that the whole thing is served. Instructions for making that modification can be found here:

http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=33

Let us know how it turns out.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)