Free vs. Full Version of CCCalendar

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:04 am
I have purchased the Full version of CCCalendar because I wanted the Week view of the calendar to integrate with my existing FM database. The free version seemed very easy to integrate - however the full version has two related files and dozens of relationships and links. what are these two files used for and will I still be able to get the week view if I don't include them in my solution.

Also, there are several scripts in the free version that have the subscript as "unknown". They are the seven scripts that start with "Select Day From Day 1".

Sorry if these questions seem elementary - I have just begun using the product.

Thank you.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:07 am
Anonymous wrote:I have purchased the Full version of CCCalendar because I wanted the Week view of the calendar to integrate with my existing FM database. The free version seemed very easy to integrate - however the full version has two related files and dozens of relationships and links.

Yea. There are two new things in the full version that add relationships. One is the introduction of the week view. The second involves the two new related files (Related Items A and B). I think you'll find these relationships to be very similar to the relationships in the free version. They aren't really more complex, there are just more of them.

Anonymous wrote:...what are these two files used for and will I still be able to get the week view if I don't include them in my solution.

The two "Related Items" files are place holders for databases (other than Appointments") that you may want to display in the calendar. For instance, you may want to show company appointments in the calendar, using the Appointments file for those, but also show who has booked your conference room. You can use Related Items A for conference room bookings. The relationships to these files are very simple so you can even swap these files out for databases you already have. For instance, if you have a Purchase Order request file, you could use the "Materials Due" date in that file to link it to the calendar, using it in place of Related Items B.

You don't *need* to use these files in your solution. You can remove them from the solution (and delete all references to them in scripts and relationships) but it can be simpler to just remove portals for these files from your layouts (that way you can put them back later if a need for them arises).

While there are portals to Related Items A and B on the week view. Removing these won't break the week view and you can even use the extra room to display more appointment rows (*many* people do this).

Anonymous wrote:Also, there are several scripts in the free version that have the subscript as "unknown". They are the seven scripts that start with "Select Day From Day 1".

I'm sorry about those; they aren't used or called in the free version and can simply be deleted. (I thought we'd removed them from all our download locations, but I'll double check.)

Thanks for your post!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)