FM19/Windows 10 - Scripts failing

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:46 am
I have a client that showed me a strange issue that only affects him, even though his permissions are the same as everyone else. He is using the lastest FM and Dayback 10.61 under Windows 10 Pro, as are several others in his office. They are running FMS 18.

I have NinjaCal set up on the side of his calendar and whenever he clicks a date on that it should simply update and refresh Dayback. Instead it works once, then it just sits there ignoring all clicks. No one else can reproduce it on their identical systems. He can only advance the date by clicking the arrows to the left and right of the Today button.

I keep thinking I've seen this sort of behaviour before but I can't recall where. Any thoughts?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:15 pm
Hi Jim,

I'm not sure exactly what would be causing this to happen on one specific machine. I think we'll want to set up a screen share to take a look together. I'll reach out by email to set that up.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:26 pm
For those wanting to know the resolution to this issue, KC figured out that the Windows FM 19 portion of the Refresh Calendar script needed to have a zero second Pause put in. That forced the redraw. :D
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:09 am
I had the same problem, it was intermittent and was not able to pin point the source because it was random...

Can you share what script exactly and where to insert that pause step ?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:59 am
Hi jffortier,

I believe this was unique to Jim's file, but I'll take a look and verify what we did to give you some ideas of where a pause might help on Windows.

If you haven't already, the first step would be to apply the Windows-specific updates for FileMaker 19.3+. Starting in FileMaker 19.3, web viewers in FileMaker for Windows use Edge WebView2 as their engine, instead of Internet Explorer. This change introduces a few new behaviors, two of which require some script changes to workaround. You can find instructions for changing your file here: https://www.seedcode.com/update-dayback-classic-19-3

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:35 pm
I will check, but I recall adding some script step when I switch from fm17 to 19.4, but beside that everything work fine. It's only when I close a popover that edit an event, if the event was modified, it call a refresh and sometime the calendar freeze... If I recall most of the time when no modification was done, so no refresh...

I made a lot of changes too, I use my own layout...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:37 pm
Hi jffortier,

Yes, there were some regular updates between FileMaker 17, 18, and 19, but these script changes are specifically to fix the issues introduced in FileMaker 19.3 on Windows when FileMaker changed from IE to Edge for the web viewer backend.

If the web viewer is freezing up after saving an event, it's most likely because the Windows-specific updates after Edge was introduced aren't implemented in the file. This is the only time I've seen that happen when saving events.

Jim's issue was when trying to change the date and refresh the calendar from a FileMaker script, and that method required a modification to not have the web viewer become responsive.

The issue when saving events is a little different and is an issue because Edge doesn't allow (FMP) URLs to be opened if it wasn't triggered by a user's click. In this case, the user doesn't click the web viewer to trigger the refresh, so we had to create a workaround, which is included in the script updates in that link.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker