Moving event in Calendar produces error

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:09 pm
Hi Guys,

I noted, that moving an event in the calendar by drag and drop produces an error (see screenshot attached).
Since I am using SeedCode Complete I am posting it here.

I have also attached a screenshot of the event. There is nothing special about it.
After I have click OK for the error it looks like it worked, but when I go out of the calendar and come back, the event is back on the original date before the move.

I haven't seen this before. Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks

Regine
Attachments
event details.PNG
event details
event details.PNG (28.7 KiB) Viewed 94422 times
error on move.PNG
error after drag and drop
error on move.PNG (17.45 KiB) Viewed 94422 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 am
Hi Regine,

Thanks for the screen-shot. It looks like you've upgraded to FileMaker 19. There were some changes with the web viewer in FileMaker 19 that introduced this issue in DayBack Classic, so there are some required updates for it to continue working in FileMaker 19.

Getting your calendar up to the latest, build 10.60, will fix this error and get you up and running in FileMaker 19. There are some required script updates that you'll need to apply after running the in-app updates, which you can find here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ionHistory

I hope that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi KC,

I have downloaded Dayback, but I can't access scripts of the Version 19.

How I am doing the updates?

Thanks
Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 am
Hi Regine, here are detailed instructions for getting your DayBack Classic file updated to work with FileMaker 19. I started at the beginning, so that others may benefit from this as well.

When you follow the link that KC provided to the version history, click on the "here" link in this line: "To update the necessary scripts, begin by downloading the latest version of DayBack here:". This will download a zipped file to your computer, and when you uncompress it, you'll see 2 folders - DayBack Classic FM13-18 and DayBack for FileMaker 19. Open the file under the DayBack Classic folder (the Zip will be called DayBack_10.60), and use this file to copy the script changes required. I hope that this helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Ann
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi Ann,

When I unzip the Dayback folder I have two options:
DayBack Classic FM13-18
Dayback for FileMaker 19

Since I am on Filemaker 19, I assume I need to use the Filemaker 19 option.

What you telling me is that I need to use the folder FM13-18, even so I am on version 19.

If this is the case perhaps the folders should be named just Classic and The New Dayback instead of using version numbers, as this is rather confusing.

Thanks

Regine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi Ann,

When I unzip the Dayback folder I have two options:
DayBack Classic FM13-18
Dayback for FileMaker 19

Since I am on Filemaker 19, I assume I need to use the Filemaker 19 option.

What you telling me is that I need to use the folder FM13-18, even so I am on version 19.

If this is the case perhaps the folders should be named just Classic and The New Dayback instead of using version numbers, as this is rather confusing.

Thanks

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 am
Thanks, Regine.

That is correct. You'll want to use the file that is labeled DayBack Classic FM13-18, since that contains the files for DayBack Classic.

DayBack for FileMaker 19 is the new version of DayBack that was written specifically for FileMaker 19, so it doesn't contain the scripts you need to copy over.

I can understand the confusion regarding "FM13-18" on the DayBack Classic folder, so I'll bring that up to the team. You can go ahead and use the file in the "DayBack Classic FM13-18" folder to apply the updates.

Regards,

KC

Return to SeedCode Complete 13