Help! I'm locked out of my database

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 pm
'your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action'
is what FM8.5 says when i try to start SeedCodeCalendar.

SeedCodeCalendarIWP is ok though!
what on earth is going on?

things that i've done since it last worked are:

1. changed priviledges of three staff that couldn't access the database, but NOT the admin or my Boss's priviledges.

2. Changed the local webserver default port to 1080 so as not to conflict with the IWP database.

3. Changed the port for the IWP database to 80 from 81 which i believe was assigned by FM when first set up.

EDIT: gets weirder now......

just got the database open, but only when the IWP database is open otherwise the description above still holds. Although point 1 still applies that none of the people with access privileges can access the database using filemaker clients.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:39 am
I'd check to make sure that the Access Privileges of the locked out folks still have the "Access by FileMaker Network (fmapp)" extended privilege assigned. Sounds like that may have been disabled OR that opening the IWP version is then opening the regular version under a different account / privilege set.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:24 pm
the extended priileges are set to allow access via filemaker network to all groups that i mentioned, including the admin that was locked out of the local file and the users that were locked out over the network. Since last night the guest access has been set to full access, allowing all users to access, which points to something being wrong with the user/password control. no users were asked to login to the database, which usually happens, so it seems that dispite logging in in the past and having our usernames set in the FM prefs panel, we were logging in as guests and as such getting turned away.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Hi Adrian,

I really can't get a picture of what's happening, I'm sorry. It sound like you're allowed in (you get past authentication) but you're getting a "your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action" message once you're in, even with Full Access, is that right? If so, are you running FileMaker Advanced where you can use the script debugger to see what is generating that message?

You can feel free to email me the file ( john at seedcode.com ) along with a full access account that is having problems and I'll take a look.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar