Tip: Changing the Date Format of Tool Tips

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:46 am
All the date formats in SeedCode calendar will respect your local system settings, so if you're using European or Australian date formats, you'll recognize those in the calendar.

However the date calcs used on our tool tips (on the horizontal scheduling view) don't respect system formats. To switch these to the European date format you'll need to edit the definition for the field "ApptTitleDisplayCalc" in the appointments table.

In the first section, after the comment "// ########## Show dates on some layouts" you'll see two date fields, ApptDateStart_k and ApptDateEnd. These both need to be replaced with the following:

Replace ApptDateStart_k with:

Code: Select all
Right ( "0" & Day ( ApptDateStart_k ) ; 2 ) & "/" & Right ( "0" & Month ( ApptDateStart_k ) ; 2 ) & "/" & Right ( Year ( ApptDateStart_k ) ; 2 )

Replace ApptDateEnd with:

Code: Select all
If ( not IsEmpty ( ApptDateEnd ) ; Right ( "0" & Day ( ApptDateEnd ) ; 2 ) & "/" & Right ( "0" & Month ( ApptDateEnd ) ; 2 ) & "/" & Right ( Year ( ApptDateEnd ) ; 2 ) )

That's it!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Hi, John, I don't seem to have this issue: without implementing the mod, I'm still getting European-format dates. The reason may be the fact that I've cloned the database and imported field contents, but I'm not too sure of that.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 pm
That's right; cloning the database changes the file's localization when the file is next opened. We don't usually do this since you have to import the graphics back in etc. after cloning.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm
I figured I needed to set up a backup, clone and reimport routine, so I've cloned it and tested my reimport several times.

Return to SeedCode Calendar